Can you please pass this along through your networks?
We still have 5 part time and a couple full time positions available for NEO Literacy Corps. This is a great service-learning opportunity aimed to increase literacy levels in Northeast Ohio. Respond ASAP! Email resumes to email@example.com
View the posting online here: http://neoliteracycorps.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/neo-literacy-corps-is-still-recruiting-members/
We are currently accepting applications for the 2011-2012 year. Resumes should include an explanation of your service interests and your interest in literacy, as well as your educational background, work experience and other related activities. Send resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northeast Ohio Literacy Corps (NEO Literacy Corps) strives to help literacy programs grow by providing direct service and by recruiting community volunteers. Members will serve at one of 19 host sites in Cuyahoga County. AmeriCorps volunteers provide either direct literacy services as tutors, workshop leaders, and teacher’s aides or serve as volunteer coordinators to recruit, train and supervise literacy volunteers. Members share initial training, as well as work together in teams to expand the host site’s ability to provide literacy services, focusing on engaging volunteers and using the best strategies to improve literacy.
NEO Literacy Corps is looking for passionate individuals who are committed to serving for 12 months in an area of targeted community need. Service will begin on September 6, 2011 and will conclude on August 26, 2012. Throughout their service, AmeriCorps volunteers build on their training and deepen relationships as they improve their skills in volunteer management, teamwork, and community-based literacy services.
Full time Members will serve 1700 hours (40 hours/week) and will also be provided:
- Living stipend of $12,100 per year.
- Health and disability insurance.
- Child care (if applicable).
- The Eli Segal Education award of $5,350 after completion of service.
Half time Members will serve 900 hours (20 hours/week) and receive:
- Living stipend of $6,407 with disability insurance.
- The Eli Segal Education award of $2,675 after completion of service.
The Eli Segal Education Award offers several benefits:
- The award can be used for education costs at a qualified college or university, training, or to repay qualified student loans.
- Some colleges and universities will match the amount.
- Members ages 55+ can transfer to child, grandchild or foster child.
- After your service, you also can become a lifelong member (small “m”) of the AmeriCorps Alums network.
You must log in to post a comment.